Friday, June 3, 2016

Currently Reading: June 3

Happy June! Is it summer for everyone now? I think it is. Happy summer!

I've been taking full advantage of all this new free time--I'm reading so much. I mean, not as much as I'd like to, since I saw about twenty more interesting books while working at the library Tuesday, but a lot.

Up first: I have just finished re-reading The Raven Boys and reading (for the first time) The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Tomorrow, I'm heading to the library to get The Raven King, the final book in the series. Have I gushed about this series yet? It's about a girl and her psychic family, and they meet some prep school boys who are searching for a Welsh king from legend. 

Anyway. I probably could have done a better job explaining it, but just believe me when I say it's complicated. And it's really good. The characters are all so developed and wonderful and I can't wait to see what happens to them in the last book.

So after finishing those supernatural, mystical sorts of books, I was in desperate need of some fluff. Luckily, I had Two Summers, by Aimee Freedman. It's about a girl named Summer who has to make a decision about whether or not to go to France to see her dad for the summer. The story has two parts: one where Summer goes, and one where she stays. 

I'm such a sucker for parallel universe stories. This one is not the best I've read, but it's also for sure not the worst. It was summery and fluffy and I really loved the descriptions of France (and crepes with Nutella!). In other words, it was exactly what I wanted it to be. 

So, if I decide I need to read something else before I get to The Raven King, it's probably going to be Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw (it's about fans and the communities fans of things form). 

I hope you all have a good weekend and lots of time for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment