Thursday, June 2, 2016

Anticipated Releases: June 2016

It's been a busy couple weeks. I graduated from high school, among other things. So please excuse the lack of a Friday currently reading post last week (For those who inexplicably want an update on what I'm reading, I just finished re-reading The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater and am now starting The Dream Thieves, the sequel). Anyway, I have a ton of time now to read (well, I probably should do some other things, but I'm busy ignoring my responsibilities), so I thought I'd share a couple new books I'm looking forward to!

The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele (release date: June 7, 2016)
This is about a few people from a supernatural-y/magic world who get transported to modern-day LA. A fantasy set in LA? Sounds great to me. I don't really know much else about this, but it sounds cool, right?

You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan (release date: June 7, 2016)
I love when I find out about books like these just a few weeks before their release. I had no idea this was coming out, and now I get to be excited without the months of waiting I usually have to deal with. Anyway, I don't know much about this book (You could say I...don't know it well. I'll let myself out), but I love David Levithan and Nina LaCour, so this is going to be good.

My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows (release date: June 7, 2016)
 This is about Lady Jane Grey (sort of). The synopsis on Goodreads does say it has "only a passing resemblance to to actual history," but hey, it also says it's "in the tradition of The Princess Bride," so I'm in. I've read Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, and that was pretty good (I think it's a series, so I don't know why I didn't keep reading, but the first one was good). I haven't read anything by Brodi Ashton or Jodi Meadows, but I hear good things, so I'm looking forward to this!

Mirror in the Sky by Aditi Khorana (release date: June 21, 2016)
So this is about a high school student who's struggling with your typical high school things when NASA announces they've discovered an alternate Earth. Alternate/parallel universes are really interesting topics, to me, and this one has been described by the author as "contemporary speculative," so I like that it's not completely sci-fi. It's still set in our world, you know? So this looks promising. Also, it's getting really great pre-release reviews. I'm really excited.


Okay, I could go on for a while. Summer is prime book release season, and I'm ready to read all the books. But I'll leave it there and hopefully I'll get around to these ones! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment