Friday, May 6, 2016

Currently Reading: May 6, 2016

The reading slump has been broken and I am triumphant! I am loving what I'm reading right now, and I have a beautiful, brand-new Morgan Matson book waiting for me at the library (it took all of my willpower not to pick it up last night at work, but now that I have my paper done, I'm good to go).

SO. I actually just finished Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum. Like, eight out of five stars. It was so good. Mini-synopsis: Jessie's mom died a few years ago, and her dad has just remarried someone who lives in LA. So they move from Chicago to LA and Jessie has to figure out her new school/life. Luckily, she gets an anonymous e-mail from someone offering to help her navigate her school and LA.

This book was so cute, but also sad, but also sweet, but also look, it's just great. As I was reading the end, I was doing that thing where you punch the air and slap the armrests of the chair you're sitting in (that's a thing, right? No? Just me? Okay). I was so excited and pumped about this book! So. Highly recommended.

Next up: Of course, Morgan Matson's The Unexpected Everything. But I also have Siobhan Vivian's new book (I saw it on the shelf and actually gasped out loud. I don't know why I didn't know about this being published, but I know now and that's all that counts).

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment