Friday, May 13, 2016

Currently Reading: May 13

Happy Friday the 13th, everybody. I am feeling so great about what I've been reading. Since I have two (TWO) days of school left, I haven't had too much schoolwork to do, so I've been reading as much as I can.

I just finished Something New: Tales from a Makeshift Bride by Lucy Knisley--five stars. It was so funny and she's so cool (See my graphic novel post for more Lucy Knisley praise).

Then I read The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (the sequel to The Wrath and the Dawn, a retelling of A Thousand and One Nights). This is one of the best sequels I've ever read, because I didn't need to re-read the first one to remember the characters. Also, this is a sequel, and it's the last book in the series. A dualogy! I thought it was going to be a trilogy and I wasn't that excited. There are so many trilogies in YA fiction these days that I'm kind of over them. But a dualogy is cool. And this book is cool. 4.5/5 stars.

Right now, I'm reading Crush: Writers Reflect on Love, Longing, and the Power of Their First Celebrity Crush, edited by Cathy Alter and Dave Singleton. This is so interesting, and I really love the idea. I like getting this little glimpse of writers' childhoods, too.

I think I'm going to start reading something else this weekend, too, though. Crush is good, but it's essays, and I'm kind of feeling fictiony right now. So, who knows? I'm loving this not-having-too-much-work thing.

Happy almost summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment