Friday, March 18, 2016

Currently Reading: Friday, March 18, 2016

It has been such a long week. I can't wait to just stay home and relax this weekend (aside from the working and the homework and etc.). First up on my list of things to do, though? Finish the book I'm reading.

That book is called The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald. It's about a woman who leaves Sweden to visit her pen pal in a small town in Iowa. When she gets there, she finds out her pen pal has just died. She decides to stay for a while anyway, and starts a bookshop in the little town.

Books about books can go either way for me--they can either be pretentious or they can make you feel completely at home, like you've just found a new friend who shares all your interests. I suppose there are some in between, but I usually form stronger opinions on these types of books.

I am loving this book. I have family in Iowa, and my family loves books, so this one feels like it was written for us. I'm about halfway done, and I hope to finish it soon. There are some issues with it, but the overall charm of the book overrides them.

And, of course, I'm still reading The Kite Runner for my English class. We're a little more than 100 pages in, and I think I like it more this time than I did when I read it a few years ago. I think this one was meant to be talked about and, on my own, I didn't think of some of the things people are bringing up in our discussions--We've had some pretty good discussions so far. I enjoy seeing how people feel about certain things. Once I've finished it, I might go into more detail, but I really overestimated the amount of plot I remembered, so that'll have to wait.

So that's what I'm reading right now. I hope you can find some time in your weekend to read some good books!

No comments:

Post a Comment