Friday, March 11, 2016

Currently Reading: Friday, March 11

Sometimes I read very quickly, but other times it can take me days to get through twenty pages. When I read slowly, I don't always feel like blogging, since I don't feel that I have anything new to say. BUT. When I read quickly, some books get left behind, since I've read so many in a (relatively) short time. So, I thought I'd start a weekly feature on this blog--I'll tell you what I'm reading each Friday.

Right now, I am reading The Dark Days Club by Allison Goodman. It's about Victorian-era England, and some sort of demon hunter club (maybe?), but I don't really know yet, because I'm only 30 pages in. I would have been farther, but I also started It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini on Wednesday, so I put The Dark Days Club on the back burner. The good news is, I finished It's Kind of a Funny Story, so now I'm back to this one!

I've also just started re-reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I read it a few years ago, at my best friend's recommendation, and I loved it, but I didn't really think I would re-read it anytime soon. It's kind of a downer book, and while it's very important and very well-written, I wasn't in the mood for that many tears again so soon. But here I am in an English class called Search for Identity, and it turns out we're reading this book now. I guess the tears are inevitable.


That's just a quick update on what I'm reading now. I hope to get pretty far into those books this weekend--so much to read, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment