Friday, March 6, 2015

Recent (and Not-So Recent) Favorites

Okay, so there are a couple books that just make me smile when I see them. Whether it's because A Wrinkle in Time reminds me of my childhood, or because I'll Give You the Sun made me almost cry because it was so beautiful, these books just remind me why I love reading.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
I did not want this book to end. It was so sweet and sad and such a good story! Aristotle and Dante meet and become friends over the course of a few summers. And I wish I could tell you more about it, but then I'd have to tell you everything about it, because how would I choose which plot points to talk about?

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
I read this one every year. I fall in love with this book every year. One of my favorite things to do is imagining how Libba Bray pitched this book idea: "Okay, so there's this plane full of beauty queens, right? But it crashes on a desert island, so they've gotta find shelter and take care of themselves, and everything. But this island is also full of secret agents who are trying to carry out a secret mission, and they're trying to keep anyone from discovering the mission, so they have to keep everyone from finding out the beauty queens survived. And it's going to be really funny" (Of course, Libba Bray would use prettier wording).

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Amy and Roger are barely acquainted, but they're going cross country. On the way, they get to know each other. I just love road trip books, okay? And I also really love books that have songs at the beginning of chapters or whatnot. And this book has both! I love Morgan Matson, and this might be my favorite of her books.

Those are just a few of my favorites--of course, the list goes on, but those are the ones that came to mind immediately. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment