Saturday, February 14, 2015

Favorite Book Couples

Since it is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd celebrate with some of my favorite couples from my favorite books. There are some that I've known about for a while, and some I just met (6 days ago, for example). Either way, I think these couples are definitely worth some flowers and chocolate.

ALSO: Semi-spoilery warning. I mean, most of these couples are pretty obviously, you know, couples, but there are a few that don't get together until towards the end of their books. So. Proceed with caution.




Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Argh, I know, very typical choice. But I just re-read this book (in Spanish this time!) and I cannot get over how cute these two are. They obviously love each other, and they're also really smart and funny. So I'm including them on this list, okay? Okay.



Cath and Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
This is another couple that I love mainly because they just work together (as opposed to other couples on this list, who have had struggles but eventually come together). They make each other laugh, and... and also they're really sassy to each other. I've been trying to find a quote to exemplify this, but there are too many, and also a lot of them sound kind of odd out of context. If you've read the book, you know. If you haven't read it...read it.


Aristotle and Dante from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
This is the book I read 6 days ago, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. First, because these two are wonderful friends, and even though this list is for romantically involved couples, I might have just added a footnote for them if they hadn't gotten together. But here's the thing. While I kind of knew they would end up together (because they just seemed right, but also because it's hard to not know what this book is about, since it's been out for a while), when it finally happened, I just started grinning. The way Sáenz puts these two together is absolutely perfect. I wish the last scene had continued forever.


Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Yes, I know it started when Gilbert was pulling Anne's hair and teasing her all the time. But then they got over their feud and started to like each other. This couple is included here for two reasons: One, I really love these two. They're realistic, because come on, love at first sight with no complications whatsoever? While that's fun to read about, it tends to lead to a lot of eye-rolling. Two, I really love this book. I read it when I was little and haven't read it since, so a good bit of the plot has been forgotten, but I remember absolutely loving the entire thing. Time for a re-read!

So, those are just a few of my favorite book couples (It's not the top four, but they are the ones that came to my mind first when I thought "favorite couples").

Happy Valentine's Day and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment