Monday, January 19, 2015

My Goodreads To-Read Shelf

My first post on this blog was about my huge TBR pile. It has not shrunk since then. In fact, I've probably found even more books to add to this list. So I took a look at my "To-Read" shelf on Goodreads, all in the name of science (Not really. But it was interesting).

My "To-Read" shelf can be broken up into a few categories. First up...

Classics
Okay, this is a huge part of my shelf. I think I've put off reading some of these because I'm intimidated (Anna Karenina mocks me). I'm never going to be able to read all the books that are considered classics, just because it's such a large category. But hopefully I can get to a few of these.
Examples:




Young Adult
Some of these haven't been published yet (yay, an excuse!), but some have. I have a few that I haven't read because my library doesn't have a copy, and I'm not sure if I'll like it enough to buy it, but the overwhelming reason I have so many young adult books on my TBR list is because young adult books just keep coming out and catching my eye. Then the ones that I've been meaning to read for a while get pushed back on the list. Of course, volunteering at a library weekly doesn't help (I get to see all the new releases all the time).
Examples:




Adult/Misc./Books That Seem Sophisticated and Full of Culture
I am so interested in so many of these. But for some reason, I just haven't gotten there. Possibly, I'm intimidated by reading something that already has such strong fans (The Princess Bride, The Lord of the Rings). Whatever it is, I can't wait to find out the reasons for the love surrounding these books.
Examples:



And what have we learned from this? Well, from going over the books I want to read, I've been reminded of some books I'd forgotten about. And, seeing as how I'm so excited to read so many of these books, I'm not really that intimidated anymore. I just want to read! There are so many excuses for not reading, but if reading's what you love to do, then do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment